Chinese New Year 2021 will fall on Friday, February 12th, 2021. As a public holiday, Chinese people will get 7 days off from work from February 11 – 17 in 2021.
The festival has a history more than 3,000 years. Celebrations on lunar New Year’s Day can be dated back to the ancient worship of heaven and earth. Over the centuries new traditions were added and celebrations became more entertainment-orientated.
Chinese New Year divided into 3 days in Thailand.
The first day is the Wan chai ( Pay Day), meaning the day that people go out to shop for offerings. Chicken, duck, fish, Noodles, seaweed, fruit and sweets.
The second day is the Wan wai (worship day), is a day of worshipping the gods and ancestral spirits, which is divided into three periods: dawn, late morning and afternoon.
The third day is a Wan tieow (Holiday), is a holiday that everyone will leave the house to travel or to bless relatives or respectable people. And often wear red clothes because it is believed to bring auspiciousness to life.
The main activities in this festival
- Lion dance, they believe to bring good luck and fortune.
- Firecrackers and fireworks used to scare away evil spirits.
- Giving red envelopes ( hóngbāo) symbolize good wishes and luck for the new year ahead.
- Diner with family in Chinese New Year
- Decorate their houses: Door Couplets for good luck, paper Cuttings — Luck and Happiness, new year paintings — a symbol of new year’s Greetings, kumquat trees — a wish for wealth and good luck, and blooming flowers — wishes for a prosperous new year.
From my opinion, Chinese new year day is interesting for me because I like to explore and the red colour is my favorite. I went to joined the new years celebrations at Chinatown (Yaowarat) 2 years ago, everyone mostly dressed in red and there was entertainment of singers and dancers on the main stage amongst others. People said Xin Nian kuai le means Happy New Year. Lion dance on the streets is amazing and I love it. I hope this year will have celebrations too but everyone needs to take care of yourself from covid 19 situations, don’t forget to wear a face mask and use alcohol gel.
Xin Nian Hao.
Are you looking for the Coworking space?
Please feel free to contact us or visit our website (Contact us)
“The Company Official account”